At DeMun Cleaners, our most common boot question is about UGGs, those fashionable boots from Australia. Specifically, the question is about maintaining the sheepskin, which tends to get dirty and hold “aromas” quite memorably. Our friends at UGG Australia have a system (and a product) for keeping your boots clean and not smelling like a kangaroo. Give it a try… of course you can drop your UGG boots off at DeMun Cleaners and we can clean them for you.
How to Clean Your UGGs
- Hand wash only. DO NOT use a washing machine.
- Moisten sheepskin footwear with clean, cold water.
- Wet entire boot when cleaning to ensure equal drying or you could end up with visible water lines.
- Dilute Cleaner & Conditioner with ½ water and ½ Cleaner & Conditioner.
- Apply a small amount of diluted Cleaner & Conditioner to a clean wet sponge. DO NOT apply Cleaner & Conditioner directly onto footwear.
- Gently scrub to clean entire area. Sheepskin has a delicate surface, which can be damaged if scrubbed aggressively, or with an undiluted concentration.
- Rinse clean in clean, cold water; wring out excess water; lightly stuff with paper towels to hold shape; allow to dry naturally and slowly. DO NOT dry in direct heat or sunlight.
- Once footwear is dry, lightly brush with a very soft suede/nubuck brush in one direction only.
- Use a mixture of 2 tsp. baking soda and 2 tsp. corn flour to deodorize and soften the inside of the boots. If you wish, you can add a few drops of an essential oil to create a sweet scent. Shake the mixture into the boots and let it stand overnight. Shake the excess out the next day.