Okay, everybody knows how to fold clothes, right? Maybe not. According to Megan Richardson, contributing editor for eHow Style, folding clothes properly is about Space Conservation and Reducing Wrinkles. Here are her tips:
Folding Long-Sleeved Shirts
- Lay the shirt face-down on top of a flat surface.
- Fold the left sleeve of the shirt across the back of the shirt so the left cuff meets the right shoulder’s seam.
- Fold the right sleeve of the shirt across the back of the shirt so the right cuff meets the left shoulder’s seam.
- Fold the left side of the shirt so the left edge comes to the center of the middle of the back. Fold the right side of the shirt to meet the left side in the center.
- Fold the bottom of the shirt up so that the bottom seam folds over the two folded sleeves.
- Fold the bottom up again, so it folds the shirt in half again. Turn the shirt over so the collar sits on top.
Folding Short-Sleeved Shirts
- Lay the shirt face up.
- Fold the shirt in half length-wise so that the left sleeve sits on top of the right sleeve.
- Fold both sleeves back, so that they lie on top of the shirt.
- Fold the bottom half of the shirt up, so that the bottom seam sits on top of the collar. Fold your shirt in half again if it’s very long.
- Fold the pants in half so that the inner seams are on top of each other and the outer seams are on top of each other.
- Lay the pants down on a flat surface.
- Fold the bottom half of the pants up so that the cuffs come up to the zipper area.
- Fold the bottom half of the pants up again, and then fold the top part of the pants back so that it forms a neat square.